Pink-fleshed apple galette
This treat is sure to please vegans and non-vegans alike, pinky promise!
This is the best pink-fleshed apple galette recipe that you will ever find! And it just so happens to be vegan too. I know, I know, you're probably thinking that there is no way that a vegan apple pie or galette crust could be any good. But trust me, this pie is so good that you will never even be able to tell that it's vegan.
The key to making a good vegan apple galette is to use the right type of apple. I like to use Lucy Glo apples because they are tart and have a firm texture.
Just like with any other apple pie recipe, the key to making a good vegan version is in the crust. I like to use sliced apples and place following the shape of the baking to create a natural flow that would also please the key (as well as the tummy!).
So, if you are looking for a simple yet delicious vegan apple galette (aka pie... Or is it?!) recipe, then look no further. This is the perfect recipe for you!
Other good apples to use for this apple pie recipe are Granny Smith apples, Honeycrisp apples, or Braeburn apples.
5-6 large Lucy Glo apples, cored and sliced (or cut up as pictured)
1 cup of all purpose flour
2-3 tablespoons of sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup of coconut oil
5 tablespoons of oat (or any other plant based milk!) milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a mixer bowl: flour, melted coconut oil, salt, vanilla extract and plant based milk.
Mix on slowest speed. The dough may look crumbly and not sticking together - that's a good sign! Once it looks "moist enough" even if still crumbled, stop and transfer on to floured surface
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to a 1/8-inch thickness. Don't perfect the edges, the rougher - the premier! Transfer on to a 8-inch slightly greased dish (like cast iron skillet) or simply on a parchment paper like I did. *Just shape the dough when rolling accordingly - round or rectangle.
4. Mix sugar with cinnamon and cover the rolled dough evenly (leaving a couple of inches of "border" along the edges unsugared). Lay the wedges of apple as desired.
Fold edges of the pastry dough over the apples.
5. Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly. Let cool for 10-15 minutes. Serve with your favourite ice cream (optional).
Voilà! #applegalette #veganapplecrust #vegancpiecrust #easyapplegalette #easyrecipe #galettecrust #easyvegandough